Friday, August 6, 2010

My Favorite Song by.............


It's simple: Listed below are some of the most successful singers and bands of the past 50 years. Name your favorite song by each one. Do this however you want. You can do them off the top of your head or think long and hard about each one and even do research to jar your memory. You can also use the internet or iTunes. If you don't know or like any songs by a given artist, feel free to type in "none" or "pass."


Copy the rules and post your list as a note and tag me and whatever other friends of yours you think would enjoy this exercise. If I didn't tag you but you are reading this list, post a list anyway and also tag me. Feel free to add comments to your choices.

The Beatles (Can be John, Paul, George or Ringo's Solo work)
While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Aerosmith
Dude Looks Like a Lady

Metallica
Enter Sandman

Elvis Presley
Suspicious Minds and Rubberneckin'

New Kids on the Block
The Right Stuff (Guilty!)

AC/DC
Back In Black

Marvin Gaye
I Heard From The Grapevine.

Lenny Kravitz
Again and Lady (this the ultimate song to boost a girl's ego).

Janis Joplin
Take A Piece of My Heart.

ABBA
Mamma Mia and Take a Chance On Me (I grew up on ABBA, Thanks Mom!)

Bon Jovi
Bed of Roses (I have a great memory attached to this song)

Carole King
It's Too Late.

Tony Bennett
For Once In My Life.

Frank Sinatra
The Way You Look Tonight.

Tabitha's Secret / Matchbox Twenty / Rob Thomas
Disease and Mad Season.

Collective Soul
Better Now, Why pt. 2, Heavy (Don introduced them to me, Thanks Hon).

Roxette
Joy Ride and It Must Have Been Love.

Maroon 5
Harder To Breath and If I Never See Your Face Again.

Green Day
Warning.

Paula Abdul
Straight Up.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Dani California and Higher Ground.

Bob Seger
Old Time Rock and Roll.

Carlos Santana (collaboration with other artists like Rob Thomas, Michelle Branch, etc.)
Smooth with Rob Thomas / (by himself) Black Magic Woman

Gloria Estefan
Conga

Brittney Spears
Opps.. I Did It Again.

Jefferson Starship / Jefferson Airplane
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us (My parent's song).

Chicago / Peter Cetera
Hard Habit to Break / Restless Heart

Dave Mathews Band
What Would You Say and Ants Marching.

The Cars
You Might Think.

Steve Miller Band
Jungle Love.

Jimi Hendrix
Purple Haze

Eric Clapton
Tears In Heaven and Blue Eyes Blue.

Kenny Loggins
Footloose and I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man).

Smash Mouth
Walkin' On The Sun.

Def Leppard
Pour Some Sugar On Me.

Eagles
Take It Easy

Led Zeppelin
Black Dog

Rolling Stones
Paint It Black

Stevie Wonder
Superstition

Elton John
I Don't Wanna on with You Like That / Still Standing / Rocket Man / Bennie and the Jets

The Temptations
Aint Too Proud to Beg

Bee Gees
How Deep Is Your Love

Paul Simon (with or without Garfunkel)
The Sounds of Silence

Bob Marley
Jammin'

Earth, Wind & Fire
September

Fleetwood Mac
Little Lies

James Taylor
You've Got a Friend

Queen
Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Rod Stewart
Young Turks

Steely Dan
Do It Again

Tom Petty (solo or with the Heartbreakers)
I Won't Back Down

Madonna
Material Girl

U2
One

R.E.M.
Man on the Moon

John Mellencamp
Hurts So Good

Hall & Oates
You Make My Dreams

Janet Jackson
If

Journey
Open Arms

Wham!/George Michael
Freedom

Lionel Richie/Commodores
You Are

Duran Duran
Come Undone

Michael Jackson/Jackson Five
In the Closet

Billy Joel
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me / Tell Her About It / Allentown

Bruce Springsteen
Dancing In the Dark

Bryan Adams
Summer of '69

The Police/Sting
We'll Be Together

Talking Heads
And She Was

Van Halen
Right Now

Whitney Houston
So Emotional

Sheryl Crow
My Favorite Mistake

Mariah Carey
Emotions

David Bowie
Changes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers